August 11, 2007

My First Post

I'm Niko (soft i, accent on the o, ni-KO). I'm married to my high school sweetheart, and I'm nuts about him. I'm an animal lover, a dancer, a photographer.

I'm a girl of few words - unless, of course, I'm with my girlfriends, then you can't shut me up. Perhaps that's why I'm a photographer. I would rather express myself through images than words. Words are often forgotten, even the sweet ones you try to store forever.
But photographs, they record your memories for you. They write them down, not with words, but with shapes, with shadows...with light. Broken down, the word photography actually means "drawing the light". But I believe photographs do more than draw. They story-tell, they echo with laughter, they write history with more impact than words ever could. This is why I love lifestyle portraiture.

Ok. Enough rambling (few words, huh?).
My first photo post is "N", a high school senior. These are always fun shoots. The seniors get to wear what they want, go where they want (within reason) and have fun with it!

If you want senior pictures that reflect your own style, email me and we can make it happen.




No comments: